Every year, many workers around the country are injured while on the job. While some recover quickly and resume work, others will find that an injury can derail their careers for years. Getting the help you need to recover from an on the job injury can mean the difference between losing years of income or immediately returning to work. Don’t let the burden of hospital bills weigh you down. An Iowa workers compensation lawyer can help you recover the money you deserve. Continue reading “Looking for workers compensation lawyers”
Here are five interesting things you should know if you were in an accident while on company time. It is important to understand worker’s compensation, so take a few minute and continue reading.
FACT #1. Anytime you are injured during company time, your only help is through worker’s compensation. For example, if you were on the playground with two children and you tripped and broke your arm, you will need to file a worker’s compensation claim. Your own insurance will not pay for the injury. It will be paid by worker’s compensation.
FACT #2. You will be entitled to coverage even if you caused the accident. Maybe you forgot your glasses and tripped because you could not see the large rock in front of you. You will also be covered if your employer ask you to run on an uneven muddy track after the children. It doesn’t matter whose fault it is, you are covered.
FACT #3. You will have all your medical bills paid. All you will be asked to do is, sign a paper when you see the Doctor. They take care of all the paper work. You do not have to go anywhere or apply for anything. If you are disabled and not able to work, you will receive compensation. It is usually a percentage of your salary. There is a formula that they work off of to decide what that amount will be. You will be paid every two weeks. The money will come directly to you. Most states are very generous. Unfortunately, California is not as giving with the benefits they provide.
FACT #4. In order to file a law suit, you must prove that the company you worked for intentionally did something to harm you. For example, they had you use broken chairs for your desk. They knew they were dangerous and could cause you to fall, but they insisted you sit on that chair anyway.
FACT #5. Sometimes people sue a third party in a worker’s compensation case. For example, if the chair you were sitting on was defective and only the manufactured knew that, then you could file a claim against them. If can be very confusing at times, and no one wants to file a law suit, but that might be necessary in some cases. It is important to receive the money due you for injuries or other problems caused by a work related accident. Some people are no longer able to work and have to change their life style after an accident.
It is important to talk to a good lawyer. There are no obligations and they will be able to steer you in the right direction. If you were in a car accident at work or any other type of accident, do not hesitate to call a good attorney. It only takes a minute and could be life changing.
Julia is a freelance journalist and enjoys writing about the law. For more information on finding a workers compensation attorney please visit seriousaccidents.com
Almost all experts will advise that you take out a policy that will protect your possessions if your property is damaged. However, many small business owners don’t know what they should look for when they take out an insurance policy. They often fail to take out a policy that provides sufficient coverage in the event everything is destroyed. You are much better off knowing that before an accident and finding a new policy.
Here are several tips to make sure that you have a good policy in place in case of a disaster:
- Always review different quotes. You should always shop around before making any purchase. Property insurance isn’t any different. You want to make sure that you understand both the terms of the coverage and the premium structure.
- Estimate replacement costs carefully. What will it cost to replace the building and its fixtures if it is damaged? You may find that the costs of repairing the building will be more than the value of the building itself. Make sure your policy is sufficient to cover these costs.
- Don’t neglect any essential equipment. Make sure that you keep track of all equipment and other capital that you have on hand. This includes computers, copiers, cooking supplies, freezers and anything else you may think of. Make sure that you provide coverage for anything that you won’t be able to do without after a disaster. You will want to make sure that you can immediately get right back on your feet if something happens to your business.
- Review the policy regularly. A number of factors may change that will affect the costs of replacing your property if it is damaged. Make sure you constantly review these costs and update your policy accordingly. I suggest reviewing your policy every six months.
- Make sure that your policy satisfies all legal requirements. Many jurisdictions have a number of regulations that stipulate what type of coverage you need to have. Make sure that you understand these regulations and ensure that your policy satisfies them.
- Look for flood coverage. Most property insurance policies don’t provide coverage for flood damages. You may need to seriously consider looking for a policy that provides flood coverage if you are in an area where the risk is particularly high. You may want to consider coverage even if you aren’t expecting a flood. Floods can happen in the most unlikely places.
As a business owner, you should make sure that your firm can pick up where it left off if your structure is damaged. You can never predict when a flood will strike or a loose wire will cause a building to catch fire. Make sure that you have property insurance in case anything goes wrong.
Kalen Smith is a business and entrepreneurship writer for Blue Sky Formations.